Bringing unwanted girth — and advances — to friends and family
Shrimp Cocktail Dip
Created in honor of Sandy Meloan
· 1 pound cream cheese
· 1 pound shrimp deveined, shelled and lightly boiled
· 1 cup catsup
· Horseradish to taste (but don’t stint because the cream cheese covers the desired ‘bite’)
· Tabasco to taste
· 1T lemon juice
1. Make the cocktail sauce: Combine the catsup, horseradish and Tabasco sauce. Mix well.
2. Make the cheese mix: Combine the softened cream cheese and half the cocktail sauce in food processor (or by hand if you have the patience of Job and the muscles of Jamie King). Chop half the cooked shrimp and mix into the cream cheese mixture preferably by hand so the shrimp are not excessively chopped up.
3. Assemble: Place the shrimp and cream cheese mixture in a container, preferable one with sides to separate the cocktail sauce from your tablecloth. Shape with center somewhat raised. Place the remaining ˝ pound of shrimp on top of the mixture in an artistic manner. Cover with the remaining cocktail sauce. Cool in refrigerator to set.
4. Serve with Triskets. Note: Potato chips really won’t take the weight of the dip.
Feeds small to medium herd.